- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 pieces white sandwich bread (binder), crust removed, cut into small pieces (smaller than half an inch)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or cajun spice for added heat (be mindful of salt in your choice of cajun spice, adjust kosher salt lower, if necessary)
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce (or try your favorite steak sauce)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground bacon (fat = flavor)
- Buns (we recommend Chicago’s Turano Buns)
~Mix the Milk and Bread together until it’s a thick paste.
~Add in Worcestershire, Ketchup, Salt, Pepper & Garlic to the paste and mix (don’t overmix).
~Break up the Beef and Bacon into pieces before spreading it around in the remaining paste. Mix well, but don’t overdo it.
~Quickly form about 10 patties. Do this fast so it stays cold.
~Refrigerate until you’re ready to grill. Important Note: Make sure meat is cold before grilling so the fat doesn’t melt off too fast. As Chef Ed would famously say to all of our culinary students, “Fat = Flavor”
(This is similar, but not the same as Frato’s Famous Bacon & Beef Burger Patties)
Want us to give you more recipes? Maybe a specific item you want a recipe for? Tell us on Facebook or Instagram at www.Facebook.com/FratosPizza or www.Instagram.com/FratosPizza and our culinary team will share more recipes!